Life of Joy

My photo
Love the Ones You're With!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mom and Dad




Next I will pay tribute to my Mom and Dad. I know you may have not always understood me while I was growing up and I certainly did not always understand you, but now being on the other side of the equation, so to speak, I have a lot of sympathy for what I put you through. I count myself as being so lucky to first of all, have you two for my parents. But secondly, that I have got to spend all this time with you. Your good health has been a blessing for me because I can't imagine a life without you. I also appreciate that you have always been there for me, and never questioned my judgement, at least not as an adult! I see so many kids in my job that have never known or felt that kind of love and support. It is not hard to understand the devastating impact that they carry with them for their entire lives. I have learned that you never quit needing your parents. They are the rock that never gives way, they are the force that holds you up when you are too tired to hold yourself up, they are the people who always, always, always believe in your goodness and will do anything in their power to help you. I try to be that kind of Mom because that's what I grew up experiencing. God bless both of you and I hope that we have many more wonderful years together. Here is a scrapbook layout I just completed from our family time together over the 4th of July.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Well it bears commenting again here....LOVE it!! The journaling and pictures are treasures to be sure.

Kristina said...

What a wonderful tribute page to your parents!

Mary Perry said...

Isn't it a true treasure to be in the stage of our lives we are in, and still have our parents. I know it is one of the things I thank God for, every single day. Yes, we are both so blessed.