Life of Joy

My photo
Love the Ones You're With!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Where Has the Summer Gone?


It seems like I ask this question around this time every year. How is it that it "suddenly" becomes September? The kids are back in school, fall is almost here, meaning certainly that summer is almost gone. I'm not really sure why I'm always surprised by September, summer is not shorter than any of the other seasons, yet it never seems quite long enough for all the projects, trips, gardening, photographing that I want to do.


In September I plan to devote my blog to paying homage to those special people in my life who give my life meaning, who gave me the strength to fight my cancer, who inspire me to keep looking forward to each new day.


I'm taking a digital scrapbook class from Jessica Sprague. I completed the first assignment this morning. I used a picture of Linda Beal Tyler from Pelican Lake this past summer. At first I tried to use a group shot but I couldn't get it cropped to the 4x4 format I needed for the layout, so I ended up using this one. We (friends from high school) have been getting together each summer since our 30th Reunion in 1999. We had planned to gather in Ames this summer, but we made some changes when Linda was enduring some work distress. We did the same last year when I had my operation for OvCa a few days before our planned August get together. Our reunions are times of great joy for me. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life. This picture of Behi on one of our "magical" pontoon rides with Chuck at the helm more or less says it all. Not a worry in the world. Peace, camaraderie, caught up in the beauty of the moment----it was all ours. I will relive that moment everytime I look at this LO. Thank you Jane and Chuck for sharing this special part of your world with us. Thank you Patrick and Linda for making the drive. Thank you, Dot, for being there and being my roommate, if not my bed mate!!


2 comments:

Mary Perry said...

Love the digi layout, but more importantly, love the time you spend with your friends, and how much fun you have. It is just so much more important the older we get. I know the biggest belly laughs I get, come from my girlfriends on our get-aways. I find it sad that our moms never felt they could take time away from their families and homes, for some "ME" time.

So here's to girlfriends, laughter, silliness, and special "Me" time.

Kristina said...

I'm glad to see that you're diving into digital scrapbooking. I knew you where interested in it. I find it a fun diversion from paper. I love your page!