Life of Joy

My photo
Love the Ones You're With!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lifetime Movies

The Lifetime Channel is showing movies of women with cancer this week end. One of my favorite movies was just on........"Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy". It's based on a true story and I loved this movie even before I found out I had cancer. Sarah Chalke does an excellent job portraying the roller coaster of emotions that are all part of the diagnosis, coming to terms with the diagnosis, going through surgery, recovery and the post operative treatment. For her wearing red lipstick to surgery was a form of courage, a statement that cancer was not going to vanquish her spirit. I also love the line about "I am the sky, nothing, not even cancer can stick to me". The movie gives me hope, brings a smile to my face, and I am reminded that cancer has given me new opportunities to reflect on what really matters to me. With the help of a friend, I found this movie on Ebay last year---now I can watch it whenever I need to rekindle my hope.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks for the recommend. I've heard of the movie before but I've never seen it. I like the message alot.

Mary Perry said...

Oh, I will have to keep an eye out for the movie to be on again. You will have to give a heads up next time it is on.

Cheri said...

That sounds like a wonderful movie with a great message.

nat said...

I saw that movie a while ago. I liked it too! Thanks for letting me know it will be on again!

Hope all is well

Colleen said...

That does sound like ana amazing movie. I'll keep my eyes out for it! Love your blog and the posts about your family!