Life of Joy

My photo
Love the Ones You're With!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

TAGGED


OK, I've been tagged by Mary Perry. I am to search where my pictures are stored and find the 6th file, 6th picture. The file ended up being my Flora/Fauna file and this is a picture of one of my Zinnia's. The interesting part is when it was taken. July 20, 2007. On this particular day, I had found out about a week earlier that it was suspected I had a malignancy in my ovaries and was awaiting surgery on July 26th. This was the last day I was at work before surgery. I did not return to work until a day in latter September after my all encompassing surgery (removing just about all female parts below the waist) and 1 chemo. Funny, how this pictures takes me back to that time. It seems so very long ago now. I think this picture pretty much says it all. The future is bright, but the moment is really what it's all about.

1 comment:

Mary Perry said...

What a beautiful, and reflective photo. Isn't it funny what can trigger a memory. That time seems so long ago, and yet it is something that flashes in my mind whenever I think of you. Which then makes me realize how important every moment of our lives are, and for that I am so grateful. I'm sure as hell not grateful for your cancer, just that you have taught me so much.

OK, does any of that make sense? Thanks for doing the tag thing.