Life of Joy

My photo
Love the Ones You're With!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Life

Whew! March was a busy month...I returned to chemotherapy. My daughter and I traveled 2500 miles in 4 days to visit a potential college choice in VT. Then it was back one week and prepare for another treatment.

The trip to Vermont was enjoyable, even though it was quick. I had never seen that part of the country so upstate NY and VT were really a pleasure to travel through. We even saw an open ski resort at Killington, VT but we ran out of time so no skiing took place this trip. Green Mountain College really appealed to me (too bad I'm not the one trying to choose)---it is so socially conscious with an eye on the future. Again, it's unfortunate it is so far away. We drove home in one trip, and with no stops except for gas, it was a good 19 hours. Still, you never know what Karrah might decide.....

We stayed in Cleveland, OH on our first day out. Here's a picture of me in front of Lake Erie.













Next, I want to show a picture of the oxen that GMC uses to plow their community garden that helps feed the student population:











And finally here is a picture of Kar and me after our marathon trip back----road weary? I should say so!
Hopefully the college selection process will soon be over. It's so close to graduation now, that I know it will be but a blink of the eye before she is packing up to leave. Oh, well best for me to not really dwell on that right now!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

You're looking good, Joellyn! I hope your feeling as good as you look. That's quite a trip you took in such a short time, but it looks like you had a good time and what a nice mother/daughter experience.

Lori C said...

Nice to see you post again. I have been thinking a lot about you lately. Good you hear you had a great trip in such a short amount of time.

nat said...

What a fun and exhausting trip! Those whirlwind trips can be a lot of fun.

You and your daughter are beautiful - enjoy these months together!

Mary Perry said...

OMG, I can't believe you made that trip in 4 days. Don and I did New England one fall. I want to do it again, and I know that you would love it. Truly one of my favorite places.

You look great, and sound great. Take care.

Cheri said...

The college sounds wonderful!! At least you know you'll have fun visiting if she picks it so far away:)
*hugs*