Life of Joy

My photo
Love the Ones You're With!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Walk of Life

I probably should have Mark Knopfler playing in the background with this post, but I haven't made that technological leap yet!

Yesterday was the 2nd Annual Walk to Break the Silence in Des Moines. It was a 2 mile walk around Gray's Lake and was just a perfect spring day, even if a bit on the chilly side. There is always a crowd around my dear Dr. Turner, but I did get to go up and say "hi" to her before the walk got going. I will see her on Tuesday and am pretty upbeat about that appointment. First, I have to get through my blood test tomorrow, but like I said, I'm upbeat. I may have a medial meniscus tear on my right knee that I'm consulting with an orthorpedic guy on. Had an MRI on Friday. Despite having a hitch in my git along, I still very much enjoyed the walk.

Before I share my pictures I am compelled to say to everyone who has been a part of my journey to this point, the biggest "THANK YOU" in the largest font possible. I was overwhelmed yesterday with the gratitude that I feel for the people who have helped me get from point A to point B to point C and so it goes. You are all so special to me and I feel so blessed to have you in my lives. So, the point of the walk yesterday was ostensibly to raise awareness and $$$ to find a decent diagnostic tool for finding OvCa in its earliest stages, but it was also a very poignant reminder to me about how many people I have in my life who have taken this journey with me. I could not be here and have the smiles that I continue to have in my life without you. God bless all of you.

OK here's the pictures from the day. The picture of the women wearing the survivor shirts (teal of course) with me are Victoria and Sandee. We were so busy gabbing that when John was taking the big survivor photo, we were turned the other way planning our next outing.








4 comments:

Kristina said...

Shoot Joellyn...I completely forgot about the walk. Had I'd know, I would have walked with you. You're looking good I might add.....

nat said...

What great pictures! Our shirts match! :)

Sorry about your knee - I hope it won't keep you down for long. I hope your appointment went well today too.

Hang in there Joellyn!

Mary Perry said...

What an inspiration you are. Love the pictures. You look fantastic. Hope your knee is doing better, and hope your appt went well.

Miss you

Cheri said...

Great photos! You are looking very good, and hope the knee is getting better. How did your appointment go? *hugs*